2018 Annual Conference of the Emerging Markets Conference Board
The annual conferences of the Emerging Markets Conference Board bring together marketing and emerging markets scholars and practitioners from around the world to discuss contemporary issues and challenges in emerging economies. The goal is to advance the understanding of marketing and other management issues in emerging markets and facilitate collaboration on emerging markets research.
The Wits Business School is proud to organize the 2018 Annual Conference of the Emerging Markets Conference Board in Johannesburg, South Africa on 6-7 April 2018, which will be preceded by the EMCB Doctoral Colloquium on 4-5 April 2018 in the School.
This conference will offer delegates a chance to gain new insights and skills while participating in stimulating intellectual discussions with thought leaders and scholars from around the globe who are engaged in emerging markets research, and thereby offer participants great networking opportunities. Delegates will also have a chance to experience the engaging diversity of Africa, including exciting tourism and game park opportunities, visits to urban townships, insights from leading practitioners, some of the world’s most advanced retailing in an urban area responsible for 10% of Africa’s GDP.
The two-day EMCB Annual Conference is intended to provide:
- A platform for showcasing and sharing insights and findings on marketing in emerging economies with other scholars and practitioners.
- A meeting place where scholars from around the globe can explore collaboration and cooperation, shaping the agenda for research on marketing in emerging economies.
- An outlet for conceptual and empirical research that helps explain underlying behavioral changes that are shaping the behavior of emerging consumer segments.
- A developmental environment where novice researchers and can gain new skills.
- An exchange where marketing scientists and practitioners can identify common goals and questions.
We welcome papers, special sessions, and posters on a wide variety of topics that address issues of importance to marketers, consumers, and policymakers. Rigorous replication studies also are welcome. All papers will be reviewed by respected scholars in a double-blind review process. Full papers or extended abstracts may be published in the proceedings. Emergent researchers can submit extended abstracts for presentation in the poster sessions.